Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Innocence Found


Six little girls,
lipstick blurring,
hats tipping,
diamonds pretending,
laughing outside the lines,
adjusting tresses, buckling mary janes.
Twirling in their glory!
do you see? do you notice the beauty that is me?
Whispering secrets long since forgotten . . .
dusting off cobwebs in the corners of our hearts.
. . tears dissolving crusty dirt into velvet mud pies
Maybe the grace in you can mingle with the grace inside of me and together we are enough.
We are loved!
I could feel the energy in the room almost vibrating the air molecules. Have you ever been with 5 friends who were beginning a journey of deeper vulnerability? We were almost giddy, playing tug-of-war over the air space. It was hard to take turns. Sharing the miraculous always is. But it was glorious. I think it was what Jesus meant when He said, "they will know you are my disciples by your love for one another." Love was almost palpable. I think we each felt celebrated and received. Even with all our junk.
"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy." I looked up mercy and it's defined as "compassion for someone's suffering that moves them beyond their pain." My friends offerred each other Abba's tender mercy. It's hard sometimes to sit in another's ashes for as long as it takes. But in the sitting, transformation happens. We learn we are not alone. And the power of that truth is life changing! So here's to more days of laughter, tears, dress up and twirling!

No comments: