Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What is Joy?

One morning recently as I watched steam curl upward from my pumpkin spice coffee, I queried the Lord.  "What is joy?"  I wondered.  He whispered,

Joy is what you were made for--
Joy is where I AM, joy is who I AM.
It lifts you to where you belong
   in front of My shining face, My glorious smile.

Joy is movement bursting forth,
Joy is the song of the stars,
   pulsing My presence to the world.

Joy is beyond--
   the feeling of My lifegiving fountain
   pouring out your fingertips,
   effervescing fizz, bubbling over.

Joy is being fully satisfied--
   a quiet, solid rest
   that slows the restlessness, leaving all that is quaking  . . . still.
A knowing deep in the soul
that I have made all things right.

Joy is the dance You and I do together
  anywhere . . . anytime,
  lost in love.

"Wilderness and desert will sing joyously, the badlands will celebrate and flower--
Like the crocus in spring, bursting into blossom,
a symphony of song and color. . . .
God's resplendent glory, fully on display.  God awesome.  God majestic.

Energize the limp hands, strengthen rubbery knees.  Tell fearful souls,
'Courage!  Take heart!  God is here, right here, on his way to put things right
And redress all wrongs.  He's on his way! He'll save you!"  Isaiah 35:1-4 (MSG)


I would love to know how you define joy!

No comments: